Well, Papa Winter Veil, since you asked …
0) Non-consumable Ammo: WE ACTUALLY GET THIS ONE. I am please.
1) The abilities we were almost given @80 in Wrath!Beta to come back @85: Camoflage and the awesome Trap Thrower. Maybe also Explosive Shot resetting the duration of Immolation Trap; though I’m not sure from the theorycrafting angle if that would ever eclipse Black Arrow’s functionality, epecially when well-timed / transitory buffs are intersecting.
2) Beast Mastery: The ability to dual-wield pets. “Because fuck yeah” is all the argument this needs at all.
3) A Hunter-specific quest chain. Class-specific quests and rewards in general, sure. I’d like to see Warlocks get a flying mount, and Hunters get at least a ground mount. Specifically, a quest where you go forge the saddle and the barding and then out into the wilds (of Un-Goro) and tame your personal mount of sheer win: an armored devilsaur. Pallies have their chargers, Warlocks have their felsteeds, but seriously, if any class in the history of ever had the most fitting flavor for a class-specific mount, it’s Hunters. Tame Beast, anyone? And if you could Tame a beast and ride it around, and you tell me you’d pick anything other than a devilsaur, you’re a dirty stinking liar.
4) Or how about an ability that you can ride an enlarged version of your pet (which granted might cause a lot more graphical work for just one class) which then shrinks when you ‘dismount’ by leaping off it to go on the offensive. Just because it’d be lulsome.
5) Gun models that are two pistols in terms of looks and models but mechanically are still a single item. An alternative is a talent to carry a second ranged weapon of our same ammo type in our normally-melee slot, but I’m not sure that the overall loss of stats on our stat-stick would be made up by a sort of Titan-Grip talent, unless it maybe doubled up on any shot we use instead of just auto-shot.
6) Some sort of functionality to hunter’s mark beyond a class-specific RAP-buff. Mark it on party/raid minimap, increase range / no deadzone (but see below) against the marked target, maybe – I don’t know what. Just that right now there’s no reason not to put it up but it’s not really anything beyond +lots of RAP.
7) Pet’s Wrath! – sort of like Raise Ally for Death Knights meets Eyes of the Beast. If a hunter dies, with his pet active, rather than the pet vanishing, the hunter can take control of his pet which gets some buffs and/or new abilities (making it in this form equal to a raised pc!ghoul in utility and damage regards) to keep fighting until the pet dies or a certain duration passes. REVENGE OF THE SPIFFYKITTY. Plus, I want to hear Amber go “Omnomnom! AVENGE ME!”, because it’d be awesomely hilarious.
8) Play Dead – srsly. When the Hunter FDs, the pet should, too! Also, being greedy, purely greedy, a 90% damage reduction of AoE damage like our pets’ ‘avoidance’ – ’cause I’m sick of FDing and not surviving because someone pulls over a cleave or whirlwind or nova or something. ^^;
9) Rapid Fire makes haste speed up our GCD while active. Yeah, it’d throw rotations a bit out of whack and, under focus, might make us a bit more focused-starved (unless it also slowed down focus consumption), but haste is fairly useless to hunters (less in Cata, but still!) – this would give us, a fairly purely sustained class, a 3m CD for burst (sorta) and make it a more useful talent for more than eking out a bit of White DPS.
10 and Finally: an end to this asinine new!deadzone. Some might argue it makes no flavor sense – which I don’t usually truck much with this argument as normally presented, fuck that! I want to redneck motherfuckers in my flying magic space goat game! Some might argue it’s for balance purposes, but I don’t really think it’s that bad. Might it make hunter pve too easy? I dunno, we still go squish. But I don’t really think of Arena as the best of balance points. Maybe I’m just a casual pvper who needs to LEARN TO KITE PLAYERS NEWB, but honestly I’d rather not have the be the ONLY class who has to worry about shooting range – and if it costs us Raptor Strike, Mongoose Bite, and Wing Clip to get it well then BOO HOO melee hunters are a myth and it’s a steal at twice the price. We’re not a melee class, and we’re the only ranged class who can’t pointblank. Either make us able to shoot at melee range OR cause a lot of QQ by forcing other ranged classes to need to dps at range.
Just some scattered hunter thoughts and a bit of content. Although we’d always all like New And Shiny things, the class is fairly fun and a bit diverse- but yeah. Gimmie shinneh.
I called it! Way back in August / September when some people were bitching about how Cataclysm would have almost no new raid content, because “Ragnaros is back”, “they’d just be doing what they did with Naxx, but more of it” (nevermind that to most of the population of WoW, Naxxramas WAS new content) … So I’d like to quote THE Blue, Ghostcrawler:
“I’ll also add that for Lich King we just brought Naxxramas back and adjusted the bosses for 10 and 25 raid sizes. The Cataclysm raids are new content with new maps and new bosses. We’re just trying to hit the nostalgia button with mentioning old foes like Ragnaros. Ragnaros may be back, but he’s not in Molten Core.”
What is it I said when we finally started doing Ony right, and man it was smoother? Oh yeah. Ah, vindication – the sweetest of all drops!
Man, I can’t wait for Cata.